On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 07:49 -0500, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> > Personally, I *love* the fact that the Hardened team has differing goals
> > from Release Engineering.  I also don't see how our goals could ever
> > really be guided by a single vision.  That doesn't keep us from working
> > together to each accomplish our individual goals.
> >

> Apparently it does.  How many huge threads have you seen lately that
> accomplished nothing?  How many threads have people started with great
> ideas, only to give up in disgust because people cause a huge fuss
> about small details, and nothing ever gets accomplished?  Quite a few.

Sure, and how many are going on in the background without so much as a
peep because people are working together?  Take *any* Gentoo release and
you'll see that an awful lot of work gets done without flame wars and
name calling.  Sometimes bad things happen.  Most of the time,
everything goes as planned.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead