Patrick McLean wrote:
For about a month now, we (amd64) have had some code in our
profile.bashrc that filters CFLAGS that are unrecognized by gcc, and
warnings the user about bad CFLAGS.

The broken flags part is useful.

So far it has worked fairly well, and it has really cut down on the
number of bugs that filed by people with extreme ricer CFLAGS. It might
be an idea to have something similar in the global bashrc, and have a
system for arches to customize the CFLAGS that are warned about.

There's an endless number of CFLAGS that could be warned about, and just as many situations where they're actually useful. Aside, I've yet to hear of _anything_ that's broken because of -fvisibility-inlines-hidden. (course someone will undoubtedly point one out now ;))

Maybe if the sleep 5 were removed this would be helpful. Right now i'm just rm-ing the bashrc in my --sync alias.

--de.