On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 16:26 +0000, Thomas Cort wrote:
> On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:48:04 -0400
> Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I also recommend that the package is masked in all
> > Gentoo profiles where a release is built against, since again, it is
> > 100% incompatible and upstream has now said that they have no intentions
> > on making it compatible.
>
> rpm, stow, and dpkg are 100% incompatible with portage and I'm fairly certain
> that upstream has no intentions of making them compatible, yet they are in
> the tree and stable on many arches. Are you also suggesting that we mask them
> too?

What do package managers that don't claim, in any way, to be
portage-compatible have to do with *this* package manager that *does*?

One of the goals of this package is to be a portage
replacement/alternative.

Why do people *insist* on trying to add so many levels of indirection
into their "discussions"?  Do you really think that attempting to
confuse a situation makes it any easier to reach a solution?  Are you
arguing for the sake of arguing?  Perhaps you just like to hear yourself
talk?

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead