On Thursday 18 May 2006 20:35, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 20:43, Roy Marples wrote:
> > Yes, part of it. baselayout is another part - and yet it's possible to
> > run Gentoo on other variants like initng, daemontools and no doubt
> > others.
>
> Sure baselayout is. An there're others in the tree, But that doesn't mean
> these variants are supported (special cases like embedded aside).

Why make a special case for embedded?
Maybe you haven't noticed, but baselayout is a virtual - which does make
things harder as the main "forks" (vserver and fbsd) sometimes break when we
add new things and they haven't synced up yet.

But that's OK as they're supported I guess.

Or are you saying that spb, other devs and people outside of Gentoo who has
submitted SoC applications about Paludis (or what that qaludis?) are just
going to wack it into the tree and then say "we're not going to support it"?

Of course not!

If az, vapier and myself upped and left Gentoo, would you rip out baselayout
in favour of something else as there's no-one to support it?

--
Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)