On 6/25/06, Donnie Berkholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This topic has come up in the past, and I'd like to revive it once
again. The gentoo-dev list has gotten a lower and lower signal to noise
ratio over the past year or two, and it's difficult to dig out the stuff
that's truly required reading.

What's noise to you is signal to others.  For example, my interest is
servers, so all of your X.org posts are mostly noise to me, but to
others it's essential signal.  Same goes for the scientific re-org
recently discussed.  And I'm sure the same goes for PHP & webapp
stuff.

I propose that all need-to-know announcements and decisions be posted to
a separate, moderated (or restricted posting) gentoo-dev-announce list
to ensure that no developers lose track of what really matters.

I think a -dev-announce ML is a good idea, with reply-to set to -dev.
But I also think you're over-exaggerating the situation by a long way,
sorry.

Best regards,
Stu
--
PS: If anyone needs anything posting on -announce, I'm one of the
people you can bribe :)