This whole thread is quite disappointing to me.  Someone comes up with a
new way to use Gentoo; to make it a viable tool for a job; to make it
USEFUL.  This is what we are about here (or were?).

"Put another way, the Gentoo philosophy is to create better tools."

                                        -Daniel Robbins
                                        Previous Chief Architect

So unless that has changed and no one has updated the webpages...

I don't think Gentoo should be about finding the "perfect technical
solution."  You notice the quote doesn't say "perfect tools" or "the
best tools", just better ones.

I don't think new projects should be subjected to some crazy GLEP
process just because they might be relevant to the entire community at
some point in the foreseeable future (which is every project).  Hell I
started TreeCleaners; We remove packages from the tree; where was the
call for a GLEP then?

I don't savor the way this project was announced (I only know of it via
Stuart's blog; and I personally would want some working stuff before
making a project page); however I appreciate even less the amount of
flak that he has taken for trying something new.

Once again; if you have technical considerations about his idea then I'm
sure he would like to hear them.  However I didn't see any in my
gentoo-dev-ml scrollback; so I'll assume everyone has mostly baseless
comments to make.

As Donnie said; if this is the thanks one gets for trying out a new
idea; then why try at all.

-Alec
[EMAIL PROTECTED]