Stuart Herbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a new project, called Gentoo Seeds [1].  The aim of the project
> is to create stage4 tarballs which can be used to 'seed' new boxes with
> ready-built Gentoo solutions.

Interestingly enough releng was planning some stage4 support for the
next release and now their toes are feeling steppend on...

> At the moment, we're working on a basic LAMP Server (which is why we're
> hanging out in #gentoo-php), and talking about following up with a LAMP
> Developer Desktop.  If you'd like to help, we'd love to work with you.

Looks a nice idea as I said before.

> We'd more than welcome other people who want to create completely different
> seeds.  We're doing LAMP because it's an obvious thing to seed; we hope that
> all sorts of seeds will appear down the road.

Could you please planning something about acting as liason between
projects touched by seeds?

E.G. random guy starts contributing a media seed, I'd like to be
notified and maybe have also x11 people notified, just in case the seed
overlay is doing something that I won't support.

Sounds reasonable?

lu

PS: I'd put a rule that will bar seed contribution if there isn't a
liason to a touched project just to keep hardtotrack bugs to the minimum.

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero