On Saturday 30 September 2006 16:35, Lionel Bouton wrote:
> There is a lot of material out there about CFLAGS

`man gcc` always seemed fine to me

in fact, lets read the -ffast-math section:
       -ffast-math
           This option should never be turned on by any -O option since it can
           result in incorrect output for programs which depend on an exact
           implementation of IEEE or ISO rules/specifications for math func-
           tions.

this flag is never safe to use in CFLAGS

> link='http://gentoo-wiki.com/CFLAGS_matrix'

no way will our documentation link to gentoo-wiki.com

> If possible, I'd like to expand the list of 3.4.6 -> 4.1.1 upgrade
> problems which are linked to experimental CFLAGS

i find maintaining a list of "safe" CFLAGS on a per-gcc basis to be a waste of
time ... but that's just me
-mike