Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 02:40:59 -0700 Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| At the profile level, I've added support for package.use
| which behaves like /etc/portage/package.use that everyone is familiar
| with.  The intention is that the IUSE defaults will be used for
| default flags that should be enabled regardless of profile.

Isn't that why we have base profiles? It's kinda icky moving that
metadata partially into ebuilds IMO...

Are you saying you like a bunch of php-only USE flags (I'm not picking on php...it was just the first that came to mind) being in the default USE in the profile?

Do you also like the nofoo flags? AFAIK, previous discussions said that the per-ebuild default USE would go in the USE stacking order above make.conf and below package.use, so that USE="-*" wouldn't remove the default USE flags for the particular ebuild but the user could still disable it via package.use if they *really* wanted to.

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project