I think that there is a problem of concept. If a bug is marked INVALID, it's because it is not a real bug. Marking a bug NOCHANGE or NOCHANGEREQUIRED, not only overlaps with other resolutions, but fails to better explain the reason why the bug was closed, whereas INVALID indeed means that the reported bug is simply not a bug or that it was reported to the wrong place.

Even though it might look harsh to the user to get such a resolution, it's also harsh for the developers to have to handle bugs that are not related to them.

Still, changing the name from INVALID to NOTABUG + NOTOURBUG does make sense, as the meaning doesn't get lost.

Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:14:38 +0100