Ulrich Mueller napsal(a):
> Maybe the following are also interesting in this context:
>
> Debian:
>    <http://womble.decadent.org.uk/blog/renaming-of-ion3>
>    <http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=69522>
> Archlinux:
>    <http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004634.html>
>
> I wonder if a package should be kept whose author is threatening with
> "legal repercurssions" [sic].
>
> Ulrich

Please, drop this thing from the tree. It has clearly no future in
Gentoo anyway:

http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004644.html

<snip>
> The only way to keep absolute control over the product as delivered to
> the user is to change the license and distribute Ion3 as binary-only.

I am going to do that. And, in fact, after final Ion3 is released, I'm
not going to write a line of so-called "free software"; so poor has
been the treatment of the FOSS herd (both of my code, and of the good
old *nix), that I'm not going to do them any services any more.
</snip>

This post provides a very good reasoning so I'll just link it:

http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004653.html

P.S. And, please forget the 'but we only distribute ebuild, not the
package' line. The guy is seriously paranoid, annoying and crazy. Next
time he's apparently gonna claim that portage is a derivative work of Ion3.

http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004663.html
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004659.html

I'm not interested in his personal crusade against font handling on
Linux, nor are most of users. No place for such frenzy in Gentoo - not
worth the trouble, and noone should encourage such attitude, more
importantly.

<snip>
FOSS shit has been on a constant downward slide ever since I started
using it back in '95-'96, especially after all sorts of world domination
plans, like Gnome, were announced. Windows, OTOH, has improved, although
Vista has a small degradation again: you also can't easily disable the
blurry fonts completely, just like Linux that requires writing loads
of XML shit to do so. Maybe they've employed a few representative
specimens of the FOSS herd -- a bunch of teenagers wanking to buzzwords,
instead of pr0n. No wonder they can't tell a blurry font from a crisp
one.
</snip>

Once again, I don't want to use any software produced by such abusive
moron, and other people should do the same - or they should help them
themselves and compile the only original, trademarked Ion3 (C)(TM) manually.

*annoyed*

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature:
 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature   ;)