On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 13:14 +1000, Will Briggs wrote:
> Oh dear.  "slight delay" in an email list forum?  That's like saying
> "you can take part in this face-to-face conversation but you have to
> wait 30 seconds before you can say anything"  In effect you reduce that
> person to an on-looker who can throw in the occassional comment.  The
> comments themselves are reduced in their relevance or impact because by
> the time they are heard, the conversation has moved on.

On a mailing list?

We're not talking IRC here.  We're talking mailing lists.

I can take a nap, a full 8 hour sleep, or many times even take the
WEEKEND OFF FROM GENTOO and still manage to come back and give useful
input.  Email isn't exactly instant and nobody who runs a mail server
will even pretend that it is.  Adding a, say, 3 hour delay between
posting and the timeout, doesn't seem to me like it would affect much of
anything.  After all, I managed to not touch my email since Friday and I
am still managing to participate in this conversation.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead