On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:08:36 +0200
Michael Hanselmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Benedikt
>
> Sorry for my long response times.
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 09:58:17PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
> > i thought about this, but i'd really like to see things like
> > qmail-spp and the gentoo qmail tarball be handled by the eclass, on
> > the other hand i agree that unpacking netqmail or qmail based on
> > $FOO is not the best idea. any suggestions?
>
> I really don't see the point of having qmail_spp_src_unpack and all of
> these qmail-spp related variables. There have to be different diffs
> anyway for other sources, making it more complicated with that many
> variables. Aren't you overengineering here?

Well, i think the unpack stuff could be handled in the ebuild, but i'd
still like to keep dospp, so ebuilds like vpopmail can install
spp-plugins in a standardized way..

> Now some things I noticed while going through, in no special order:
> - Why need_qmail? It slows down cache regeneration and is really
> unneeded.

yeah. will fix this soon.

> - In qmail_man_install you rename some manpages. Can you please add a
>   comment on why you do this?

done.

> - You're very inconsistent with variable quoting. Please quote them
>   everywhere except the places where you're absolutly sure there will
> be no spaces (or other special characters) in them. Maybe the original
>   netqmail has some of these issues, too, but now we can fix them.

done (at least in the eclass)

> - Don't align stuff like on the last two lines in qmail_src_install.

done

> - The "use gencertdaily" thing in qmail_ssl_generate works, but
> doesn't look so nice. How about this?
>     use gencertdaily && \
>         CRON_FOLDER=cron.daily || \
>         CRON_FOLDER=cron.hourly

done

> - Limit line length to 80 characters (with tabs at 8 spaces).

will look at this later

> - I don't like the custom tarball. How do you want to build and
>   redistribute it without depending on a single person? Its sources
> need to reside completly on Gentoo infrastructure.

yes, i'd suggest to put it in svn, just like we do with the apache
tarball, and create a script for tar/upload etc.. probably most could
be copied from the apache script..

Bene