Hello Benedikt

Sorry for my long response times.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 09:58:17PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
> i thought about this, but i'd really like to see things like qmail-spp
> and the gentoo qmail tarball be handled by the eclass, on the other
> hand i agree that unpacking netqmail or qmail based on $FOO is not the
> best idea. any suggestions?

I really don't see the point of having qmail_spp_src_unpack and all of
these qmail-spp related variables. There have to be different diffs
anyway for other sources, making it more complicated with that many
variables. Aren't you overengineering here?

Now some things I noticed while going through, in no special order:
- Why need_qmail? It slows down cache regeneration and is really unneeded.
- In qmail_man_install you rename some manpages. Can you please add a
  comment on why you do this?
- You're very inconsistent with variable quoting. Please quote them
  everywhere except the places where you're absolutly sure there will be
  no spaces (or other special characters) in them. Maybe the original
  netqmail has some of these issues, too, but now we can fix them.
- Don't align stuff like on the last two lines in qmail_src_install.
- The "use gencertdaily" thing in qmail_ssl_generate works, but doesn't
  look so nice. How about this?
    use gencertdaily && \
        CRON_FOLDER=cron.daily || \
        CRON_FOLDER=cron.hourly
- Limit line length to 80 characters (with tabs at 8 spaces).
- I don't like the custom tarball. How do you want to build and
  redistribute it without depending on a single person? Its sources need
  to reside completly on Gentoo infrastructure.
- If I remember correctly, elog shouldn't be used for empty lines like
  in qmail_supervise_config_notice. Use echo instead for them.

So, now you should have something to chew on again. :-)

Thanks,
Michael

--
http://hansmi.ch/