On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 09:54 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > If this is holding us back, I'll do the commits provided
> I can find people to help me with testing.

I am willing to help. I got a 2.6.22 kernel I want to boot to test out
the new mac80211 stuff vs the older softmac. The ati-driver issue is the
only thing holding me back. Just haven't had a chance to apply patches
per bug, and bump ebuild locally to test.

If it's in an overlay, or tree, surely happy to sync and test :)

>   This is for the very short
> term.  I don't want to maintain a driver for hardware I don't own and
> never intend on purchasing.

Well seems most AMD machines are likely to ship with ATI chipsets these
days. For sure most lappies :)

Interesting side note. Beryl/Xgl works on my laptop, ATI Xpress200m. Had
it working once on my two workstations. Both with nVidia chipsets, and
nothing special, but nothing that old either. First time I have had more
problems with nVidia vs ATI.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java