On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 04:32:33 +0000
Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:20:18 -0800
> Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No offense to anyone, but holding back hundreds of developers and
> > thousands of users for a handful of developers
>
> ...and how exactly are hundreds of developers and thousands of users
> being held back? So far as I can see, in cases where anyone really is
> being held back, the arch teams are quite happy to prioritise -- the
> people who go around moaning about 'slacker archs' rarely if ever
> actually have anything holding them back.
>
> If anyone has any examples of where they really are being held back
> and where they really have given the arch teams plenty of time to do
> something, I'd like to see them... Somehow I doubt it happens very
> often, if at all.

No need to talk about 'slacker archs' since we are REALLY talking about
a 'slacker arch' called mips. I've given up hope long time ago, leaving
ebuilds behind with KEYWORDS="mips" since opening bugs seems useless and
maintaining them is too much work (the target of stabilization or
keywording changes many times before the bug is finally touched)

Mainly, talking about categories (yes, categories, no need to mention
single ebuilds at this point) xfce-* and media-* here.

IIRC, paludis has the "imlate" script you can use.

- drac