On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:07:27 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:36:30 +0200
> Ulrich Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How should exporting of src_configure in eclasses be handled? Should
> > it be conditional, depending on the EAPI? Or is it O.K. to export
> > src_configure unconditionally, since it doesn't harm for EAPI<2?
>
> Export it if and only if EAPI is 2.
>
> Note that this means EAPI really really has to be set as the first
> thing in the ebuild (*cough* or in the file extension).

By the way, do we really want to special case eapi-2 in every eclass ?
That's lot of code duplication and will get even worse when we'll reach
eapi-42. That would have been cool to have a pm function that tells
"has my eapi foo support" but that sort of bites its tail that way.
An eapi.eclass with such functions and lists of eapi & features
maintained there could help though.
An EXPORT_FUNCTIONS ignoring any function its doesn't know for its eapi
would help too.

Alexis.