On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:22:19 -0700
Brian Harring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So where exactly is this "sky is falling" issue you're worried
> about? Bugs happen.

It means anyone using EAPI 2 now is going to encounter severe
breakages with Pkgcore. Simply put, all your Pkgcore users are going to
get screwed over very messily as soon as they try to use any EAPI 2
things. Is this not something we should be caring about?

> Frankly you're overreacting on this- and that is assuming you *are*
> overreacting instead of just going for a bit of a public smear
> via bugs.

Bah. If you want me to lecture you on how you're being blatantly
irresponsible and incompetent then I will do, although by the way you
rush on the defensive and start trying to cover your ass by throwing
accusations at me it looks like you already know it. But what I care
about is getting the mess fixed in the most painless way possible.

This is a real issue and developers need to know the implications.

> Either way, my vote is fix the bugs, leave EAPI2 as is, and in the
> future kindly file bugs properly (preferably w/out the noise, but
> I'll take usable bug reports in almost any form).

If you want bug reports via trac instead of IRC, get your trac to
respond faster.

--
Ciaran McCreesh