On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:32:44 +0300
Mart Raudsepp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Of those, and those in overlays, and those that are going to be
> > committed over the next few weeks, how many use src_prepare to apply
> > security related patches?
>
> A round zero. Security patches are going stable soon after entering
> portage tree, and EAPI=2 ebuilds can not go stable yet, as there is no
> package manager supporting EAPI=2 that is going to be stable in the
> next week or two (so maintainers make sure they don't use EAPI=2 for
> security fix revisions).

Oh really? So you're absolutely certain there aren't and won't soon be
any EAPI 2 bumps of non-EAPI 2 versions that include security patches?
And you're absolutely certain that there aren't, say, any packages that
sed a broken chmod in a makefile in src_prepare?

> I can not understand why this is dragged on. It was a bug, it is
> fixed. The sky is not falling and EAPI-2 is not broken - there was a
> bug in the implementation that is fixed.

The point of EAPI is to avoid these kinds of problems. The process is
failing and the fallout needs to be handled.

--
Ciaran McCreesh