On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 12:05 +0100, Ben de Groot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a new category to the tree: lxde-base, to be used
> for the LXDE desktop [1,2] packages, in correspondence to the categories
> for the other desktop environments we have (gnome, kde, xfce). With the
> help of a few users I have been developing ebuilds for these packages in
> the lxde overlay [3], and I would like to move the ebuilds for the
> release versions into the official tree now. (The overlay also contains
> live svn ebuilds.)

++

Note that I will propose to the GNOME team to reorganize the GNOME
categories to gnome-platform/, gnome-desktop/, gnome-dev/,
gnome-bindings/ or similar setup once we have atomic commits to the
portage tree (a la git) to not disrupt anything from all the moves.
But I think with just 14 packages an lxde-base makes the most sense
indeed, with upstream probably not having them categorized themselves
like GNOME has.

--
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer