Thomas Sachau wrote:
I would like to ask all people, who get to users, who want to contribute with
ebuilds or similar,
tell them about our sunrise overlay[1][2]. People can learn how to write
ebuilds, they can learn how
to write ebuilds with some nice QA, they learn how to manage a SCM (in this
case svn) and some may
even enhance to gentoo developers. :-)
As a side effect, we get a nice collection of ebuild, which are easily
maintainable even by users
and which are easily accessable by everyone.

Esp. i would ask those who wrangle bug: If a user contributes an ebuild for an
app not already in
portage, tell them about sunrise, so they help out a little bit more, if they
are interested. With
that done, something like "sunrise suggested" in Whiteboard would be nice.

I was told to try sunrise with some of my ebuilds. There's a reason I didn't, and I suspect it's the same other people also don't go to sunrise. There's no good way of contributing an ebuild. There's no bugzilla or website where I can upload the ebuild. All I'm told is to go to IRC. I would as well might have been required to go to McDonald's.