Tiziano Müller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:56:20 +0000:

> Now, since the sunrise project gets bigger, we might also create a
> mailinglist to discuss ebuilds for people can't/do not want to use IRC.
> This would also make it possible to CC the mailinglist-address for bugs
> where the ebuilds are in sunrise.

I'd be interested in a mailing list.  I haven't had any specific drive to
do an ebuild for anything not in the tree (sometimes versions not in the
tree, live versions, etc, but not packages), but if I did, I'd certainly
be put-off by IRC.  I've found I do far better with an async
communication medium such as mailing-lists/newsgroups, and IRC/IM tends
to be rather uncomfortable for me.  That in fact is a big reason I never
moved on becoming a Gentoo/amd64 AT, as well, since when I asked, they
were doing most communication thru IRC, and that just doesn't work well
for me.  But I'm OK with lists and newsgroups, which is why you see me
here and never on IRC.

I'm sure I'm not alone.  FWIW and from my observation, generally, younger
folks tend to take to IM/IRC like my generation, at least the geeks in
it, tend to take to newsgroups/lists.  I'll be 42 in January.