Tiziano Müller wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
I was told to try sunrise with some of my ebuilds. There's a reason I didn't, and I suspect it's the same other people also don't go to sunrise. There's no good way of contributing an ebuild. There's no bugzilla or website where I can upload the ebuild. All I'm told is to go to IRC. I would as well might have been required to go to McDonald's.

Well, sunrise is not about uploading a package just somewhere but about
having it reviewed and corrected such that it follows basic guidelines.
Since this process requires bi-directional communication, IRC is a good
(low-latency) way to do that.

I disagree. IM does not provide for communication that can be looked-up, which is important. I post something, many people will look at it and some of them will reply. That is not possible with IM. A mailing list is also sub-optimal. A forum or bugzilla is needed where information/communication is stored and can be categorized and looked up.