[Snip]
> Maybe you just want Sunrise in the main tree instead of as a dedicated,
> supervised overlay.  There were people with VERY strong feelings against
> Sunrise, to the point I believe at least one dev opposing it resigned
> over it
Yes, one did. Some people just need a good excuse to leave :)

> and other boosting it were disciplined.
Not that I remember.

> Are you ready to take on
> that sort of opposition to get it in-tree?  Maybe it's time to have that
> debate.

Oh be quiet. Sunrise is a quite convenient testing ground, and I've borrowed
quite a few ebuilds from there for the main tree. I haven't seen any issues in
the last few months, those opposed seem to have finally accepted that users
collaborating is not a stupid idea. And you get a nice recruiting area for
free ...

[Snip]

> If there's a place for the new project and maybe there is, the
> differences from and relationship with the Sunrise and proxy-maint
> projects, and the method of bringing in or justification for ignoring the
> hundreds of existing m-needed packages while arguably creating more,
> needs mapped out.  Alternatively, bend the proposal into a status change
> for one or all of the above, and call a debate on that.

I'd be for a discussion of "all of the above" since they are quite strongly
linked.