Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
You've missed the point. The point is, the EAPI process can't avoid the
"huge wait before we can use it" for certain types of change that
would be extremely useful. GLEP 55 fixes this limitation, and it's the
*only* thing that fixes this limitation.

Except that if we had just implemented one of other proposals a year ago we probably would be done waiting now, while refusal to accept anything other than EAPI-in-filename might have you waiting for this ten years from now.

Sure, you might disagree with this, but that doesn't change the fact that we are at an impasse and I see no sign of this changing anytime soon - the last council clearly wasn't a big fan of GLEP 55 as it stands, and the current council seems to be going in the same direction. I guess you can always wait for the next council election and see what 2010 brings. However, I hope you're not going to do that to "speed things up!"