On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:46:27 +0100
George Prowse <george.pro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure getting personal about subjects on a Gentoo mailing list
> will endear yourself to everyone.

Uh, isn't that exactly what you're doing?

> Thinking logically for a second, if you really cared about Gentoo you
> would have tried your best to be good and nice in the... I dunno, 4
> years(?) since your ejection and then worked your way up to being a
> developer again.

Why? I'm interested in getting things done, not in jumping through
arbitrary hoops and starting yet another silly Gentoo politics flamewar.

> Trying to get into Gentoo by proxy (heh, see what I did there?) is
> the wrong way and spending the last 4 years doing the wrong thing
> means that you have done nothing to warrant you being included in not
> only Gentoo but it's heirachy (and this is without mentioning your
> trolling on the lists and your banning from the forums).

I'm not trying to get into Gentoo by proxy at all. I shall remind you
that this was Tiziano's request and decision, not mine, and that I was
merely helping Gentoo out by carrying out a request from a Council
member.

> If you succeed are you going to invite Patrick and Plasmaroo to join
> the exherbo "council"?

That's not my decision. I don't have anything to do with the running of
Exherbo. However, if Patrick or Plasmaroo have useful contributions for
Exherbo, I would be happy to ensure that those contributions get
applied.

Again, this is not about me or Exherbo. It's about the Council's
unsubstantiated claim that the rules prohibit a Council member from
selecting a non-developer as a proxy.

--
Ciaran McCreesh