> In the past when smaller arches were not that active we used to mark
> Java packages stable after testing by at least one arch team. The
> probability to find arch specific issues in something like Java is not
> so high so I think arrangements like this are acceptable when the arch
> teams have problems keeping up.

I do know that for Java stuff, I certainly wouldn't mind if the Java
team marked for ppc/ppc64. The only thing that I'd need to know is that
it was tested with the IBM JVM since there certainly are differences
between that and the Sun one most people use on x86/amd64 and we've seen
issues in the past.

-Joe