Indeed, that's why I don't want to have a wiki for devs only. The Gentoo wiki
must be for the community and by the community :P

There are many Gentoo experts that don't want to be officially devs.

d2_racing

> To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
> From: dirtye...@gentoo.org
> Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
> Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:55:36 -0600
>
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:37:46 +0000
> Sylvain Alain <d2_rac...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The official wiki can be use by powerusers who want to write some pretty
> > good doc.
> >
> > A lot of powerusers can write excellent doc on the gentoo forum right now,
> > so they don't need to by Gentoo Dev to right excellent stuff.
> >
> > I don't see your point.
>
> They already write great stuff on http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/.  I think having
> two different places to put this kind of stuff might split the contributor
> base.  It'd be nice if we could either merge the two or make the official
> wiki about developing with Gentoo rather than how to use Gentoo, but in any
> case I'm just happy to have somewhere to stick things.
>

> --
> fonts,                                            by design, by neglect
> gcc-porting,                              for a fact or just for effect
> wxwidgets @ gentoo     EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662

Live connected. Get Hotmail & Messenger on your phone.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724462