On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 20:33:52 Ryan Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:43:28 +0200 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> > since the last time I asked Zac about this it came back to bite me[1]
> > this time I'm going to send the announce to the list first, and if
> > nobody can actually come up with a good reason not to, I'm going to ask
> > Zac tomorrow to re-enable the feature.
>
> "Tomorrow" isn't much of a warning.  Can you please give people a chance to
> fix the bugs you've filed?
>
> Something I forgot to ask before:  are the 'always overflow' warnings new
> w/ GCC 4.5 / glibc 2.12?  If they're new w/ 4.5 then we don't have a
> problem.

the fortify warnings typically come from glibc, not gcc.  i dont believe many
of these warnings are new.  the portage update i posted was because i was
reviewing a specific package, noticed a worrisome warning (and fixed it), and
then proceeded to data mine the last years worth of build logs on my system
for gcc warnings.
-mike