On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:25:38 -0400
Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > Something I forgot to ask before:  are the 'always overflow' warnings new
> > w/ GCC 4.5 / glibc 2.12?  If they're new w/ 4.5 then we don't have a
> > problem.
>
> the fortify warnings typically come from glibc, not gcc.  i dont believe many
> of these warnings are new.  the portage update i posted was because i was
> reviewing a specific package, noticed a worrisome warning (and fixed it), and
> then proceeded to data mine the last years worth of build logs on my system
> for gcc warnings.

Okay, I noticed that some of these bugs are only happening with 4.5 (eg.
337020) so I thought it might have been expanded to catch more cases or
something.

--
fonts, gcc-porting,             we hold our breath, we spin around the world
toolchain, wxwidgets            you and me cling to the outside of the earth