On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 05:04:15PM +0200, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 01/10/2010 alle 17.31 +0400, Peter Volkov ha scritto:
> > It's better to avoid suggesting this as such things tend to stay for a
> > very long time on user's systems and since this'll became redundant
> > once
> > portage 2.1.9 will go stable soon it'll la files will be "fixed" twice
> > for no reason.
>
> It won't hurt anyway, and it'll definitely avoid people having to re-run
> lafilefixer manually from time to time.

Stabilize 2.1.9 and get rid of the post_src_install() stuff alltogether in
the news item?  A distro should not ask its users to fiddle with package
management software lightly.

Besides, if it is such a good idea -and it is- it should be part of
portage.

Why not push for stabilization of 2.1.9 and then do the news item?  Am I
missing something?

--
Eray