Il giorno ven, 01/10/2010 alle 20.43 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan ha scritto:

> Does lafilefixer fix binpkgs now? As well as the vdb manifests for the
> files? If it doesn't, I strongly object to having it as an official
> recommendation. A surprisingly large no. of people (at least on
> bugzilla) have FEATURES=buildpkg .

And usually (even if not always) have one system where they build and
one system where they install. The one where they install only, and not
build, will do nothing with .la files, so fixed or not doesn't make any
difference.

The other, if they install back a built package might require another
run of it, I don't think it makes much difference though to them —
beside making you feel righteous at dragging your feet. Nice try.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/