On 11/09/2010 11:08 PM, Duncan wrote:
> Christian Faulhammer posted on Tue, 09 Nov 2010 23:51:45 +0100 as
> excerpted:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> "Anthony G. Basile" <bluen...@gentoo.org>:
>>
>>> We will change the profiles one arch at a time, starting with ia64, and
>>> proceeding in order with ppc, ppc64, x86 and amd64.  Once your arch has
>>> been  update
>>  *updated
>>
>> Maybe give harde...@g.o as Author entry and point to Bugzilla, plus give
>> a date when you start, just for completeness.
>>
>> V-Li
> From the perl-5.12 new item thread back in October (ulm suggested):
>
>>> Author: perl-team <p...@gentoo.org>
>> Maybe it's better to list the real author(s) here?
>> Multiple Author: lines are allowed.
> There was no reply, but most of the others appear to be individual authors.
>
> Looking at the actual news item, it appears that one was resolved by
> listing both perl@ and tove@ as authors, but grepping the news dir for
> Author, that's the first and only time a team/project/herd alias has been
> listed at all.
>
> Thus, keeping the individual blueness@ authorship appears to fit precedent
> best, but adding hardened@ wouldn't be inappropriate if desired, as that
> perl news cleared the way. =:^)

Attached is the updated news item.  It addresses 3 issues brought up
(two on list one off):

1) authorship - I've added another line for the entire hardened team.
I've kept my name in there because I'm the point person for the work.

2) bug tracking - I refer at the end to a bug which will track the
progress so the user can look to see where we are in the processs

3) I reworded it slightly to emphasis that the user should wait until
the profile change is made on his/her arch before switching the profiles
(ie they should not switch proactively)

I'm shooting for Nov 13 to release it.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Developer
Author: Anthony G. Basile <bluen...@gentoo.org>
Author: Hardened Team <harde...@gentoo.org>
Revision: 1
News-Item-Format: 1.0
Display-If-Profile: hardened/linux

During the next few weeks, all hardened profiles will be restructured to
remove the version number "/10.0".  For example, if your current profile
is "hardened/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib" your new profile will be
"hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib".

We will change the profiles one arch at a time, starting with ia64, and
proceeding in order with ppc, ppc64, x86 and amd64.  Once your arch has
been  updated, you will receive a warning when running emerge that your
profile has been deprecated.  When you do, use "eselect profile list" to
get a list of the new profiles.  Then, use "eselect profile set <num>"
to switch to your new profile with corresponding number <num>.

Progress with the restructuring will be track in bug #344861.