On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Matthew Summers
<quantumsumm...@gentoo.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Anthony G. Basile <bluen...@gentoo.org>wrote:

>> > Yeah it shouldn't show up in new installs that are already using the
>> > migrated profiles.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Petteri
>> >

>> I'm not sure how to address this concern.  I reread GLEP-42 and all I
>> see is
>>
>> Display-If-Installed: eg. net-www/apache
>> Display-If-Keyword: eg. amd64
>> Display-If-Profile: eg linux/hardened
>>
>> If someone knows how, I'll be happy to address this concern.
>>

>> --
>> Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
>> Gentoo Developer
>>

> I suspect it should be the following.
>
> Display-If-Profile: hardened/linux/amd64/10.0
> Display-If-Profile: hardened/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
> .
> .
> .
> etc.
>
> Now, I have no clear indication that "Display-If-Profile" can be used more
> than once or if it accepts an expression that would allow us to catch both
> the multilib and no-multilib examples, as well as the x86 profile, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Matthew W. Summers

So, I re-read GLEP 42 and this snippet makes it clear that we will need one
"Display-If-Profile" header element for each profile we are migrating.

The algorithm used to determine whether a news item is 'relevant' is as
follows:

For each Display-If- header type which occurs at least once:

The news item is not relevant if none of the headers of this type are
successfully matched.

Otherwise the news item is relevant.

Regards
--