On 08/01/2011 02:32 PM, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
> W dniu 01.08.2011 13:12, Marc Schiffbauer pisze:
>> * Samuli Suominen schrieb am 01.08.11 um 09:23 Uhr:

[ .. ]

> I am a zeleous follower of having seperate /usr partition, thus seeing
> moot arguments that goes "in favour" of "my" case is pretty annoying.

need to have a verifiable reason in order to block a feature that would
add, not remove, functionality.

trying to find an right answer to wrong question, and preventing "what
could be progress" for selfish reasons can be annoying too. that is, in
addition to the hatemail with no actual point in them.

>> * Some people want a read-only /usr
> Yes, that's only reasonable argument here.

see $subject, " ... without proper initramfs"

using a separate /usr would still be possible read-only, with an
initramfs created by dracut