>> > Don't quote that. It looks bad that the left-side is unquoted and
>> > right side is quoted.
>>
>> it's a string, what's the problem?

> It's just a matter of taste. I think it looks better if both sides
> are quoted, or neither is.

But both sides of [[ ]] aren't symmetric, in the first place:

# When the == and != operators are used, the string to the right of
# the operator is considered a pattern and matched according to the
# rules described below under Pattern Matching.

So there's almost never a reason for quoting the left-hand side, while
on the right-hand side quotes will suppress pattern matching.

(Of course, in the example above it doesn't matter, because the string
doesn't contain any special characters.)

Ulrich