On 2011.08.26 23:06, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> I have been maintaining an ebuild for Google Chrome in an overlay. It
> basically extracts a deb file to /opt. This serves as an easy
> alternative for people who do not have the patience to compile
> Chromium.
>
> Now that I have developer access, I would like to move this to the
> tree. Before doing so, I need some advice on how to deal with the
> EULA[1].
>
> I think clause 2.2 (B) allows me to avoid a fetch restriction.
>
> I think clause 5.3 prohibits mirroring.
>
> Do I need to worry about anything else here?
>
> [1] http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eula_text.html

Mike,

You will need to add the licence to the tree as its a EULA.
The package will need to be masked by the licence.

If Google provide a click through licence agreement, complying with
clause 2 is out of our hands. If not, licence masking should ensure
that users read the licence before they install and subsequently use
the package.

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford