El 11/10/11 21:36, Alec Warner escribió:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
> (klondike) <klond...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe you want the --with-bdeps parameter along with the -D one?. man
>>> emerge -> section Options -> parameter -D
>> That makes sense but then the problem is on the poor documentation we
>> have in the Internet.
>> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=1
>> Here no mention to that option is made
>> Nor is in:
>> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
>>
>> And in fact no mention to the option is made in the doc space at all. I
>> may also be wrong here but I don't recall finding it when I started with
>> portage and no notice was issued since then so either I misunderstood
>> it, kinda likely by then, or it was added later. And the fact it wasn't
>> commented at all in the documentation didn't help.
>>
>> The question now is anybody thinks this shouldn't appear in the
>> handbook? If nobody has a problem I'll prepare a patch.
>>
>> PS: howarang thanks for the point I found it really odd this was missing.
>>

> FYI: there are a truckload of options that are available in portage
> but are not documented in the handbook. I'm not really sure
> replicating the portage manpages in the handbook is necessarily a good
> way to move forward. Ideally we would direct users to just read the
> manpages.
Antarus, an user who has read the whole installation handbook and is new
to the distro should by then have a lot of new ideas in mind to direct
them to man pages written in a more technical way creating even more
confusion. Add to to that any search on how to update / upgrade Gentoo
and you will find the same set of commands almost always:
$ emerge -u world
$ emerge -uD world
With no references to other parameters at all. Which can make users
assume that it is a safe default. If you look in the docs I provided
you'll see it is the case.