On 01/05/2012 03:40 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
> The FHS notion of "root filesystem as a recovery partition" existed long
> before the relatively modern development of things like busybox and
> initramfs made it more practical to use an initramfs as a recovery
> partition. Anyone who wouldn't prefer to use an initramfs for their
> "recover partition" probably just doesn't realize how well suited an
> initramfs is for the job. It's so well suited for the job that it makes
> the old FHS notion of "root filesystem as a recovery partition" seem quaint.

Please stop hailing to busybox. I think it's a bulk load of faulty, half
implemented code that's not worth the time compiling.

You can do better w/ the real tools. (Not my crappy little initrd
script, but the well established, fully operational, as used to programms)

http://xmw.de/dotfiles/scripts/mkinitramfs.sh

--
Gentoo Dev
http://xmw.de/