On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 01:47:38 +0100
Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> 2. switching from udev to mdev (avoids required /usr of udev)
> 3. some wrapper script to mount /usr before udev starts

These two should be really discouraged as a cheap, temporary solution.
We should not support hate-admining. I personally think that busybox is
ready to go into /usr even earlier than udev.

> For the idea of complete migration to /usr, i see no reason to go this
> route in advance. Just keep with our default install locations and
> follow upstream, if and where needed.

What about upstreams who do not care? In other words, all those
packages which we hack to install into rootfs?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny