On 03/11/2012 07:33 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 07:28:41PM -0800, Luca Barbato wrote:
On 3/10/12 6:53 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
neither the genkernel nor dracut docs have specific instructions about

I guess we could pour more effort in getting dracut more easy to use
and/or try to figure out which are the items that should be moved to /
and fix the remaining ones...

I highly discourage moving more things to /.  If you google for things
like, "case for usr merge", "understanding bin split", etc, you will
find much information that is very enlightening about the /usr merge and
the reasons for the /bin, /lib, /sbin ->  /usr/* split.

Indeed. I thought we got past this already and started moving things to /usr [1][2]

http://bugs.gentoo.org/398081
http://bugs.gentoo.org/403073

More to follow...