On 3/12/12 8:53 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:14:23PM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:
Yeah, I think it's an easy fix either in openrc or in an initscript
somewhere.  I changed nothing except my kernel (was missing devtmpfs -- it's
not under Filesystems!), uninstalled module-init-tools, and installed kmod +
udev-181.  Then rolled back the snapshot once I had the results.
When udev is linked against a library in /usr, this is not going to work
anymore, because udev won't start at all.

So you need need a smaller udev that is completely self contained and make sure anything needed for the key rules works. I wonder if the pci-ids cannot stay somewhere in /etc or /lib

lu