On 04/22/2012 10:55 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:

>> project/msg_c96d1b724cd736702820fa5ff1547557.xml>
>>>
>> From the first reply:
>>
>> "To clarify, the question is whether or not we support a separate /usr
>> _without_ mounting it early via an initramfs."
>>
>> I hope that settles that particular issue.
>>

> Hmm... I see that in Zac's reply, thanks for that.
>
> Unfortunately, from what I can tell, that clarification was not actually
> part of the proposed agenda [5], nor was it directly referenced. So the
> subject of the vote still seems open to interpretation.

Yeah, it almost seems as though the council was being intentionally
vague and leaving things open to interpretation. In response, we had
William post about the ">= udev-182 tracker" [1], to which Tony seemed
to respond positively [2].

[1]
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_015e73cfccbd72fa956a8bdbc2e9cdc0.xml
[2]