On 04/24/2012 09:38 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:19:11 +0000
"Robin H. Johnson"<robb...@gentoo.org>  wrote:

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 04:50:49PM +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
$ ./mirrors.py --all --count
297 ?? ?? http://pear.php.net
297 ?? ?? http://pear.php.net/get
88 ?? ?? ??http://pecl.php.net
88 ?? ?? ??http://pecl.php.net/get
These are already mirror bouncers. If you visit the above, you'll
get the closest mirror for downloading.
And since there is already ~10 "mirrors" with only one actual
backend, should they go to thirdpartymirrors or not ? If not, what
about this pseudo-mirrors already present in thirdpartymirrors ?
I think we should add the pseudo-mirrors, but explicitly mark them as
such in the file, so that they don't get duplicate entries added (eg
adding us.pear, de.pear and the pear bouncer is bad. Should have just
the bouncer).

It'd be great if we could add some kind of additional mirror entries,
which would be used by repoman to signal missing mirror:// entries but
won't be used for downloads.

We could just add them in thirpartymirrors under fake names that nobody will use.
--
Thanks,
Zac