On 05/29/2012 07:11 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2012 02:05:08 -0700
> Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> On 05/29/2012 01:43 AM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
>>> I'm using usersync since a long time, how about add it too?
>>
>> Yeah, I think that would be a good default too. I guess the portage
>> ebuild can do a recursive adjustment of $PORTDIR permissions in
>> pkg_postinst, in order to solve bug #277970 [1].
>
> Wouldn't that break users who sync using a regular user?

No, because the "usersync" feature causes the rsync process to inherit
the UID and GID of the PORTDIR directory (obtained using the stat function).

> And then break
> again, and again every time portage is merged?

No, I would not want to trigger an relatively expensive operation like
this more that once. So, it would only be triggered in pkg_postinst if
the replaced version of portage did not have usersync enabled by default.
--
Thanks,
Zac