On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:45:26 -0700
Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 07/02/2012 01:36 PM, viv...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> I'm not sure about the best way to handle migration for directories
> >> inside $DISTDIR that are used by live ebuilds, since src_unpack
> >> will run with different privileges when userpriv is enabled.
> > tell the user to chown/remove the files/directories if and when
> > needed,
>
> How should we tell them? Elog message, news item, or both?

I think this deserves a news item anyway.

> > unless there is a very good reason (try) to automate it.
>
> I guess something like this might work in pkg_postinst of the portage
> ebuild:
>
>   find "$DISTDIR" -maxdepth 1 -type d -uid 0 | xargs chown -R
> portage:portage

find "$DISTDIR" -maxdepth 1 -type d -uid 0 -exec \
        chown -R portage:portage {} +

> I would only trigger something like this once, when upgrading from a
> version that doesn't have userpriv enabled by default.

This will work only for users who actually keep those in DISTDIR. Some
of them actually redefine E*_STORE_DIR to a more sane location. But
that's probably irrelevant.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny