Il 02/07/2012 22:01, Zac Medico ha scritto:
On 07/02/2012 12:48 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
El lun, 28-05-2012 a las 14:34 -0700, Zac Medico escribió:
Hi,

In case you aren't familiar with FEATURES=userpriv, here's the
description from the make.conf(5) man page:

   Allow portage to drop root privileges and compile packages as
   portage:portage without a sandbox (unless usersandbox is also used).

The rationale for having the separate "usersandbox" setting, to enable
use of sys-apps/sandbox, is that people who enable userpriv sometimes
prefer to have sandbox disabled in order to slightly improve
performance. However, I would recommend to enable usersandbox by
default, for the purpose of logging sandbox violations.

Note that ebuilds can set RESTRICT="userpriv" if they require superuser
privileges during any of the src_* phases that userpriv affects.

I've been using FEATURES="userpriv usersandbox" for years, and I don't
remember experiencing any problems because of it, so I think that it
would be reasonable to have it enabled by default. Objections?
Looks like non important problems arised and, then, these could probably
be enabled by default, no? :)
I'm not sure about the best way to handle migration for directories
inside $DISTDIR that are used by live ebuilds, since src_unpack will run
with different privileges when userpriv is enabled.
tell the user to chown/remove the files/directories if and when needed, unless there is a very good reason (try) to automate it.