Am Sonntag 03 Juni 2012, 10:18:24 schrieb Robin H. Johnson:
> I propose:
> - merges are explicitly allowed, even non-fast-forwards
> - all commits MUST be signed
> - if you include a commit from a user:
>   author := non-@gentoo
>   committer := @gentoo
>   signer := $committer

Sounds reasonable given the current state of git. Let's just be clear about
the following consequence (I hope I understand this correctly):

* User makes signed improvements in gentoo-x86 clone
* Developer pulls from user and >merges<
* Developer's history contains commits by user, which cannot be pushed to
gentoo-x86

Which means in the end "all merges are explicitly allowed, as long as they
only contain developer commits; commits pulled from users must be rebased".

This is something that (IMHO) we could certainly live with; the only thing I
am worried about is, how do we automatize it so a developer who is not end-of-
the-line git guru and ends up with some user-signed commits in his history can
clean up his local tree again.

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer