William Hubbs schrieb:
>>> For example, glibc-2.9 and gcc-2.95. I think that if we are going
>>> to keep things this old in the tree we need a good reason for
>>> them.
>>
>> iirc, gcc-2.95 and linux-2.4 (still used for some embedded systems)
>> play best together.
>
> I'm not sure how strong this argument is because we don't have any 2.4
> kernels in the tree, and I am wondering why we still have a
> linux-headers-2.4.

Those systems will likely be unable to use any vanilla kernel either,
but use specially patched kernels from the hardware vendor, for which no
Gentoo package ever existed.

> There seems to be a pretty high number of unmaintained packages in the tree
> if you look at hwoarang's
response to this thread, so I'm not sure how that is going.

Not all maintainer-needed packages are neglected, broken or useless.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn