On 19 January 2013 08:01, Christopher Head <ch...@chead.ca> wrote:
> I understand that enabling flags only affects packages if they’re
> installed. I’m just saying that, in my opinion, sane-but-minimal should
> have CUPS disabled because there are plenty of computers that would
> want LibreOffice and/or Chromium installed but not have a printer. They
> need not be servers if the target is simply sane-but-minimal.

+1

People who do have printers can always enable it themselves. I don't
see any reason for cups to be enabled by default, especially not on a
minimal profile, and that includes the simple desktop profile. The kde
and gnome profiles are expected to be more "complete".

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin